When are Field Trips?
Field trips are available for school groups, October 4th through November 18th, Tuesdays – Fridays, 9 am – 2 pm. We are closed Mondays.
This year’s Homeschooling Days are October 12th and November 8th. Home schools are encouraged to schedule on these dates.
Reservations required for all field trips! Please call 361.772.4718 or make reservations online to book your field trip.
What’s Included on the Field Trip?
- The Maze – We’ll give you a brief presentation about growing and using corn before entering the maze. Students are presented with “passports” that quiz them as they wander the paths and help them along to the exit.
- Hay Ride – Take a tractor-drawn ride around the farm. You will tour the farm and dairy and learn about milking cows and the dairy business. You’ll even have a chance to feed some of our baby calves and cows!
- Barrel Train Ride
- Play Area – This site includes two slides, hay jump, butterfly garden, corn cannon (each student gets 2 free shots), spider web, rat rollers, duck races, mini dairy barn, mini mazes, and 10 minutes on the Frog Hopper!
How Much Does it Cost?
Public/Private School Pricing:
- Students: $6.00
- Chaperones (1 per 5 students): $6
- Teachers or teacher aides (2 per classroom): FREE
- Bus drivers: FREE
- Additional “tag-a-long” parents or grandparents or other family and friends: $10 (may receive a $1 discount for non-perishable food donation to our local food pantry)
- Students: $6
- Parent/Teacher (1 per family): FREE
- Additional family or age appropriate children: $10 (may receive a $1 discount for non-perishable food donation to our local food pantry)
Tips for your Visit
We have on the grounds restroom (including handicap/family) and hand washing facilities. We’ve also got two covered pavilions with picnic tables for seating. Additional, non-covered seating is available. All seating is first come, first serve basis. Feel free to bring a blanket for a picnic
We offer a wide variety of low-cost food items and drinks in our concession stand. Check the menu for prices. We also offer the “Lunch Box Special” for field trips- one sausage wrap, bag of chips, and drink for $5. Reservations must be made before your visit to the maze. You’re also more than welcome to bring your own sack lunches.
Remember, this is an all outdoor activity on a farm. Dress accordingly. You’ll want to make sure the kiddos have on good walking shoes and no flip flops or sandals. Sunscreen or hats are also recommended.
We’ll stay open as long as the weather lets us. If it rains, we may have to close. It’s best if you call us before leaving for your trip to check the weather at the maze.
Please bring plenty of drinking water for your students. We don’t have any water fountains on the premises; however, we do sell bottled water in the concession stand.
Links to Cornfield MAiZE™ resources, activities, games, coloring sheets, and more are available in our blog: Read The Rocky Ribbet! Visit now and come back often to see what’s added!